Albino & sunglow babies 2024

Oh, I have good and expensive taste! :joy: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I believe both maybe super sunglows.

8 Likes

6 Likes

Tom! Stop it man! You’re killin me! :joy::weary:

5 Likes

I’m loving those in that top picture there Tom!

3 Likes

They are albino motley jungles.

4 Likes

I love them :pleading_face: I hear super hypos erase the rings around the tail (after the cloaca), is that a reliable way to tell? I hear a lot of conflicting info on whether homozygous and hets can be told apart, though I do believe it’s probably not cut and dry like a super jungle or more people would be adamant on there being guaranteed ways to tell.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the one with the longer tail saddles is jungle. Those sides and that contrast are sus. :joy:

1 Like

@ccboas

Hi ccboas

The only way I know for sure to tell if one is a super hypo is to breed it. I have not breed super hypo to super hypo yet.
I believe this would give you all supers.

My adult male super sunglow I breeded to a female albino years ago. She gave me 25 babies and no slugs. All of the babies were sunglows. If he was a normal hypo / sunglow, some of the babies would have been albino too.

Supers seem to be very clean, looking with a light / washes out tail color.

Here is a picture of my male super sunglow. And the picture of the new babies the day it was born. The first day is the easiest to tell which ones are possible super hypos. In my opinion.

The top baby maybe a super but it is a jungle.
The other one in my opinion is a super.

7 Likes

Tom, I need a super Sunglow in my life :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

That’s what I’ve always thought too, but there’s been an influx of people lately saying there are ways to tell and it made me curious since I’ve never bred for/with supers. With any luck I will have the possibility for supers this season. :laughing:

I can’t see the tail in the baby pic, but his adult pic it does look like he’s missing the tail rings! My definitely not super girl’s tail:

3 Likes

My super sunglow baby shed this morning. I checked the sex of the baby to this morning and its a girl.

7 Likes

Absolutely stunning!!

2 Likes

This girl is very good looking :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Amazing boa!

1 Like

Two more have shed. Both look gorgeous to me.
I think i will be keeping these two.

10 Likes

Beautiful, Tom! Really, really beautiful.

4 Likes

Nah, that last one should go Tom, preferably Florida :rofl: Stunning litter sir

4 Likes

Had a few of the babies out today that have shed.

9 Likes

Just Wow!!

3 Likes

Some truly stunning babies here!

4 Likes